Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Unionville: Blacksmith's Bistro

I got a free lunch at Blacksmith's Bistro, so I'm going to try to be positive.

The waiter was kind enough to ask me how I would like my seared tuna cooked (because, you know, sometimes people order seared tuna and want it well done...I guess). I just asked that it be prepared the way the chef intended; I guess the chef intended it to be 90% cooked.

The nicoise sauce was good. I don't know if it necessarily made sense with the tuna, or with the liberal sprinkling of paprika, but it was good.

While the desert came after half the party left, I did get someone's creme brulee because of it. Sure the creme brulee was a bit lumpy, but the crust was nice.

And, finally, the espresso was very good. Not necessarily $3+ good, but very good nonetheless.

No comments: